Sunday, September 14, 2008

Procrastination

Another rainy weekend…good for me to play on the computer…bad for our plans to go to the Renaissance Festival…

I have been planning (meaning: thinking a lot, pouring through past issues of “creative” magazines, and generally procrastinating) on working on an abstract “mixed media” piece. I have all the things I think I want to add. I did some sketches…and the canvas is sitting on the table all white and glaring…

As someone who considers herself artistic…I have a very hard time relaxing…working in the abstract…moving with the flow of the idea or the paint…God forbid, non-planned…non-life-like…
I have always painted or drawn something that “is” something-something real…something I am looking at. These are examples of paintings, sketches, and bits and pieces that I have done in the past. Sorry they are not so clear; I just scanned photos.




One of the reasons I started this blog was that I want to grow- to expand as an artist (as a person as well). What better way to do this than to hurl oneself right out of one’s comfort zone…? I am not promising anyone I will start this new project tomorrow, but I will start soon…I will post my …piece…whatever I end up with…when I end up with it.

Meanwhile, here are some images of some old buildings I just love. These old gems are all but disappearing from the landscape, at least around this part of Michigan…It’s very sad to me. I love these old buildings…





No comments:

Post a Comment