Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Worn Out From Vacation

This was the big get-a-way for the summer...we set up camp about an hour away from home so the "dedicated to his job-especially in this economy Mister "M"" could come out every night yet go to work every morning. I spent the week with 4 teenagers (3 of which were girls and 1 was a Gabe) and 3 dogs (who aren't used to being treated like dogs) and lots of dirt. I had hoped to get more reading done...never enough time for that you know. Still all in all we had a good time. Above the "very useful Mister "M" put up the girl's tent.


This is a view of the reading chair.


And this is a shot of the camp boss...the vacationing, older brother to the younger Mister "M", much more talkative-yet very informative and amusing "West Coast Mister "M"--Yes, I know it is confusing, but when you are around them long enough you learn to tell them apart...When the west coast Mister M visits, he is always accompanied by my chum and sister-in-law, the fun and much thinner (I might add) Mrs "D". We loved having them here as always. They reported having had an especially relaxing trip this time and were rearing to get back home to jump back into their lives...



Teddy boo is in revolt! He hated the chain and was very sassy by the end of the week-picking up all the other campground dogs' bad behavior...here he is sporting the wild look...


"If I am to be treated like a dog, I might as well look like a mean one!"


Gabe the cave explorer...


Gabe the rock collector...


Claire on the beach-where she and her friends spent much of their time-I don't blame them...it was a beautiful week and the lake was glorious and refreshing.



Gabe the beach bum...
Proof that I was actually on the beach this summer...



Here is Claire taking taking down her tent.


I had hoped to miss fish fly season this year but this little guy waited for me to come home to remind me that I would not be that Lucky...oh well they never bothered me that much.

This week is a busy one...It is Festival Time...more on that next week-until then...blessings and kind thoughts
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment