Lets go back a week or so...here is the Thanksgiving table... now, before you comment on how informal my table setting is...know that it was just us and Grandma for dinner. I cooked as much as I usually do and we are still eating the leftovers...but it was really good (tried some new recipes) and we had a wonderfully relaxing low-key family day..fire in the fireplace - family games and after dinner - movie...

Te family game was Poker with the kids and of course, the dog. Teddy has the some potential, but he looses interest too soon and starts to lick the cards-tried to explain that this is not good card etiquette...

...teaching the kids how to play Poker. One is a penny hoarder ( even with the family penny jar) and one is a wild risk taker...he understands the concept of "family penny jar"... it was fun.
I set up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. I am not by nature a procrastinator (that is with most things) and I love all the lights in the house as I gear up for Holy/Holiday season.


Here is the tree...
Here are some wooden trees we made for the festival in the summer. I kept some to put around...I think they turned out charming...The larger ones in the background, I usually wrap with lights.

Oh yesssssss..and look at my Christmas gift is this year!!!! I get it early so I can make sure it is working (30 days same as cash) It is soo cool...!!! I did wrap up the box though...

Last night the pond froze! The duckies are wondering what they are supposed to do now...Mister "M" will set up their winter lodgings this weekend when he gets home. Until then, we will continue to break up the ice and fee them corn. Hopefully the coyotes will not come in for a peek before we get it all arranged. They usually wait for the colder nights when it is harder for them to fin an easy dinner.


The Robins and the Ceder Waxwings love the berries on the tree right outside my kitchen window. I love to watch them and snap a pic when I can. Once I had 12 Blue Birds on the tree in the middle of winter!!


No comments:
Post a Comment