Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day to Day on Cotton Wood Creek

It has been almost two weeks since I last posted, sorry. I had hoped and set a goal for myself to post every week. What can I say...life sometimes gets in the way...

Again, nothing too out of the ordinary these last two weeks...

Last weekend, the energetic Mister"M" started checking off things on the 'must do" list (of the honey-do is a part)...He had to get the log splitter in working order to split the wood from the fallen Ash trees (see last falls posting). It had been sitting out in back by the log pile for about 8 years, so a miracle was called for. Naturally, the worker of all (most) miracles here on Cotton Wood Creek got down to business.





Better than new-when he originally made it.



At night, after diner, we kicked back to relax a bit while the always practicing fire safety and ever so fashionable "Mister"M" burnt his growing collection of twigs, fallen branches, and rotting wood until the wee hours of the morning...a great way to wrap up a busy weekend!














This week, Gabe had his first golf lesson...


...and he strong-armed the industrious Mister"M" into breaking out the golf cart after the long winter hibernation...of course it needed a tune-up and a new battery...

Yes, Gabe has short hair...we had to wrestle him to the ground, but I got the job done...
















Here, Claire is taking a ride (at much risk) with Gabe...while the duckies explore the pond with their new found freedom and the deadly Mister"M" terrorizes the hordes of ant threatening the homestead.













What am I doing? What miracles am I performing? I spent the last week transferring files, pictures, scrapbook elements to my NEW computer and into my now able to be used, Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 program...I have been busy too!! I have also been working on "festival" craft items with the help of the woodshop master, Mister"M". Gee, for someone who wanted to remain anonymous on my blog...that mysterious Mister"M" sure gets a lot of the spotlight...



here is my little toad-we just love our toads here on CWC.


Take care and God Bless you all this week...

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment