Sunday, January 17, 2010

Settling in for The long Winter Ahead...

Now that all is said and done...the holidays are behind us...and life has fallen back into the well worn path of normalcy...I have settled in for the long winter days ahead. Yesterday, I mentioned to the relaxing Mister "M" that I felt antsy...ready for spring...I saw a "oh no is is starting" look of terror on his face and quickly assured him that it was probably a passing mood...not really...although it is rearing it's ugly head early this year...that ol' familiar pang for sunshine, green grass, leaves rustling in the wind, and the smell of lilacs is working its way into my longing...I am starting to dream for warmer weather...I will get through this, I know, believe me, I have had practice! (heavy sigh)

We took a little family ride last week, intending to get out and take a break... We passed this wonderful old church (Kirk in the Hills in Bloomfield Hills Michigan) and I was able to get out of the car to snap a shot or two or more...I loved this door!





The windows were wonderful to look at too.



On the way home, the snow started...This little Ceder Waxwing flew into the window and was a little stunned..He tucked himself under the pines, and I was very happy to see he only needed a few minutes to get himself together and fly away.



Gabe's snow plowing shades...



and Claire's best Sasquatch imitation...taking the dogs out in the woods to run in the newly fallen snow...



This is Dusty keeping a close watch on Claire's every move...



part of the new years resolution to eat healthier...



Until next time, stay warm and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment