Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Snippets

I let the dogs out at the break of dawn on Thanksgiving morning. The ground was glistening with frost and the light was so pretty breaking through the trees as the sun came up. Here is a pic of my flower pot on the front porch...

This year we decided to lay low…up until the last couple of years, I usually did the holidays around here for one side of the family or the other - if not both. This year, we graciously declined thanksgiving invitations and spent the day at home. Mr. “M” worked on the Laundry room floor-yes he is still at it- nothing ever goes as it should when you are re-modeling!!! I cooked a turkey and all the fix’ns… We enjoyed a quiet and warm family day. Here is the table-not as decked out as I normally do but special for us.

About an hour ago, the sky opened up and dropped a very thick heavy blanket of snow-the kind that mutes the sounds of nature and leaves the atmosphere thick and soundless. They say 5 inches before morning. Claire took the dogs out to play. So ends our busy holiday weekend ...

Maybe next week I will have some new laundry room before and afters...till then...
have a blessed week.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment