Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Preparation

We finally finished the laundry room…or at least finished it enough to hook up the washer and the dryer. The Masterful Mister “M”…worked hard to get the “easy to use- just peel and stick” floor to stay down!!! Because the room is so long, I was able to set a up a little art area at the back of it for the kids and me thereby saving my antique cherry wood dining room table from further distress.

We still have some touch-ups like painting the cabinets…Mister “M” is an absolute genius when it comes to figuring out how to make things…I told him I needed a folding table and something on which to hang clothes…He found a desk top to attach to an old sideboard I have. He is devising a retractable hanging thingy…I will post it when he finishes…since I am not sure how to explain it…

Christmas festivities are at our house this year!!! I have big plans-I love working out big parties, decorating for them, and coming up with the menu. I think I will be doing brunch, and diner for one side of the family and diner for the other. I started the decorating…I wrapped the kids presents today while they are at school.


I love to look at presents under the tree.


As I ran around the house putting up the “kitchen” tree, listening to Christmas music, wrapping the presents, and stringing the lights…Loo in her new ‘kitty” bed-not so sure she is as excited about her kitty bed as I am, watched my busy undertakings with her characteristically enthusiastic expression…not sure I want to know what she is thinking…

Here is a page I made this week in my “spare minute” …I like the thoughtful feel…Claire has always been very easy to photograph-her moods come through easily…


Until next time…be blessed in this Advent season….Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment