

I was up early to set out brunch for the family this year. We moved right into dinner…way too much good food…we laughed and laughed and there was plenty of activity…sure wish you warm weather relatives were here to join in the fun!!!Christmas morning I was up at the break of dawn. I miss those years when the kids whispered and giggled in their bed trying to wait until the big-hand was on 12 and the little hand was on 6 until they got up to see what Santa brought t
hem…as teens, they are too big for Santa…
hem…as teens, they are too big for Santa…I finally had to send the dogs up to shake ‘em up a little...I grew tired of waiting for everyone to wake up. We are working on setting new traditions for Christmas morning. We sipped rich hot “dark” chocolate and munched on huge crunchy “breakfast” cookies. We opened presents, relaxed and just enjoyed each other. I made breakfast later in the morning. This year, we picked out the fourth season of Colombo (got seasons 1-2-3 last year) to watch all day snuggled on the couches and warmed by a fire in the fireplace. There was also an all-day marathon of “the Duke” on T.V., and naturally, Mister “M” was all over that…Teddy boo was out-of-control with excitement at present opening time…grabbing what ever he could-boxes, directions, paper… and making a run for it. This was his first Christmas.


No comments:
Post a Comment